Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Stamina Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording and release of the new album?
Luca Sellitto (guitarist/songwriter)- We’ve been practicing and rehearsing for the next live shows. I’ve also started gathering new ideas for the next album.

2.You have a new album coming out this month, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical direction it has taken and also how does it differ from previous releases?
- I think that the new album “Perseverance” fully matches the goal we’ve fixed since the beginning: to create a personal style, combining melodic metal, hard-rock, progressive and fusion music. The debut album, “Permanent damage”, was the first trial. Then, a few years later, we released the second album “Two of a kind”, and it was better than the previous one. Now, with “Perseverance”, I think we reached the goal! So, from a certain point of view, this new release represents a point of arrival for what we’ve been trying to do with the first two albums.

3.I noticed when i listened to the album you seem to have a very different sound than what most modern metal bands have, what was the decision behind going for more of a melodic and progressive direction?
- Well, to be honest I’m not much fond of modern metal bands. There’s no doubt that nowadays there are so many techinically skilled bands, with great sound and big production, but unfortunately (Imho) most of them sound “robotic”.
So, to answer your question, I would say that I try to compose intense and passioned music. When I listen to the great old bands and artists who paved the way, such as Black Sabbath, Yngwie, Europe, Kansas and many others, I can feel the “fire” in their music, you know…and I want that burning flame in my compositions too.

4.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects the new release explores?
-I deal with a lot of different themes in my lyrics. I’ve always been quite a thoughtful guy, so I can take ispiration to write lyrics from everything: love, hate, joy, sadness, a book I read, an episode of my past, a personal thought about religion or the meaning of life or whatever…Sometimes my lyrics are a little bit ambiguous, so the listener is free to give his own interpretation.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Stamina'?
- We need stamina to play this kind of music, both mentally and physically.
Everyday we have to find the motivation to practice to keep our chops in shape,
even if we don’t live the “rock n’ roll life” we dreamed about as kids.
The only thing that keeps us going is our passion for music and our perseverance.

6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
- We surely have great memories of the European tour with Royal Hunt in 2012.
We try to give our best at every show, 5 dedicated musicians on stage, trying to rock the crowd as much as possible.

7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
- Yes. One of our labels, My kingdom music, is arranging the European tour. Some dates are scheduled in May, we will announce them officially very soon.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your newer music ny fans of metal and progressive rock?
- We are getting an overwhelming and enthusiastic reaction from critics and fans.
Most of the reviews on the new release are excellent and our fanbase is growing from day to day.

9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
- I don’t know, it’s too soon to tell…

10.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- I still listen to my favourite nowadays: Yngwie Malmsteen, Royal Hunt, Europe, Symphony X, Kansas, Rainbow, Genesis, Johansson Brothers, Black Sabbath (with Dio or Tony Martin),some stuff by Stratovarius, Bret Garsed, Allan Holdsworth, Al DiMeola, Vinnie Moore, Impellitteri, Extreme, Mike Stern, J.S. Bach, Chopin etc.

11.Do you have any non musical interests?
- Beer, women and bodybuilding (amateur level). I love sports in general, I played soccer and a little bit of basketball in the past. And I love pets, dogs in particular!

12.Before we wrap up this interview do you have any final words or thoughts?
- Thank you very much for this interview! I’d like to invite all your readers to visit our
Official facebook page: www.facebook.com/staminaitalianband or our official website: www.staminaband.net
 And remember to watch our videoclip for the song “Higher”, taken from our new album “Perseverance” : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wEKHsLgxoM
+

No comments:

Post a Comment